The First IPTA Data Challenge was released on 23rd March 2012 and will
c lose on 28th September 2012 Deadline extended to 19th October 2012.
The first data challenge is considered a “warm up”, reflecting the simple nature of the simulations. Although simple, this challenge intends to:
- Introduce people to the format and peculiarities of pulsar timing data.
- Aid agreement in definition of parameters and significance measurements.
- Be the first “blind” test of GW analysis pipelines.
It should be noted, however, that the simulated data for the first data challenge are much simpler than the real IPTA data sets (and future data challenges). More information can be found at “comparison between real data and data challenge 1″. To participate in the data challenge, download the data files and detailed description, then submit your results before the close of the data challenge.
Download the open and closed parts of the data challenge here:
- Information and downloads for the open part of IPTA data challenge 1
- Information and downloads for the closed part of IPTA data challenge 1
Submit your results: